Sports Medicine in New Jersey
The Signature Health & Wellness Center offers state of the art equipment and personalized care for patients who require sports medicine treatment. This branch of medical care pertains to injuries that were sustained in a sporting or occupational event. The center will customize a treatment plan designed to address the patient's unique injuries and situation. This typically includes a therapeutic sports massage, physical therapy, Class IV Laser therapy, and educational tools.
What Is Sports Medicine?
Sports medicine targets sports-related injuries as well as injuries that were sustained in an occupational environment. Whether the patient is a professional athlete or a part-time competitor, he may receive orthopedic care from a sports medicine doctor. These doctors often work at a clinic, hospital or at their own private practice. Some sports medicine doctors may work for sports organizations. Many work in conjunction with physical therapists to create customized rehabilitation programs for their patients.
Our Techniques and How They Work
Our techniques are diverse and they are applicable to many types of sports injuries.
- Class IV Laser: This is designed to facilitate the healing time of soft tissue and joint damage. In fact, patients typically heal in half the time of traditional treatment methods. Our Class IV Laser treatments also minimize scarring and relax muscles. Many patients also find it relieves pain due to arthritis as well as sports injuries.
- Kinesiology Taping: A technique that provides support to an injured muscle or joint.
- Graston Technique: Helps to break up bands of fiber in the facial area due to injury.
- Active Release Technique (ART): This technique involves the mobilization of soft tissue.
- Sports Specific Massage: Sports massage may help improve circulation to an injured area and help relieve pain.
Why Choose Us
Our center is conveniently located in health clubs and gyms. Our physical therapists are also licensed by the New Jersey State Board of Physical Therapy. For more information contact our office today.