Treat Back Pain When Running with Our Chiropractor in Bellville, Fairfield, NJ
A common complaint while running is back pain, which can have several causes. While most cases of back pain are due to strain or injury, some runners may experience back pain due to underlying conditions. At Signature Wellness Center, we're here to help residents of Belleville and Fairfield, NJ, find the best treatment options for their back pain.
What Causes Back Pain When Running?
There are many potential causes of back pain when running. Some of the most common include:
- Poor Posture: Slouching or hunching over can strain the back muscles unnecessarily, leading to pain.
- Muscle Tension: Tightening up the muscles in the back can lead to pain and cramping.
- Poor Form: Running with poor form can lead to several problems, including back pain. Common mistakes include not keeping the head up, leaning too far forward, and overstriding.
- Shoes: Wearing shoes that don’t provide enough support can lead to back pain. This lack of support is especially true for runners with high arches or flat feet.
- Weak Core Muscles: The core muscles support the spine and lower back. If these muscles are weak, it can lead to pain when running.
In addition, previous back pain and injuries can all contribute to back pain and make your pain more severe or even chronic.
How Can I Prevent Back Pain When Running?
You can prevent back pain by visiting our chiropractor and getting treatment for prior back pain or injury. Ask our chiropractor to provide treatment for back pain while running. Spinal decompression is one of the most effective treatments.
How Does Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression Work?
Spinal decompression is a non-surgical, non-invasive treatment that can help relieve back pain. It works by gently stretching the spine using a traction table, taking pressure off the spinal disks and nerves. This stretching can help alleviate pain, numbness, and tingling in the arms and legs. Spinal decompression is a safe and effective treatment for herniated disks, degenerative disk disease, and sciatica.
Spinal decompression and other chiropractic treatments can help you find relief from back pain and return to your favorite activities. Our chiropractor can tailor a treatment plan specifically for you.
Find Back Pain Relief at Signature Wellness Center
If you’re experiencing back pain while running, call Signature Wellness Center today to schedule an appointment. We’ll work with you to develop a treatment plan to help you find relief and return to your favorite activities, whether running or anything else. Contact our office in Belleville (973) 759-2222 or Fairfield (862) 210-8189, NJ, today!