Frequently Asked Questions About Knee Pain
Knee pain can change several aspects of your life, preventing you from being as mobile as you would like to be. It can also make it difficult to perform simple tasks, like going up and down stairs. Knee pain is incredibly common. In fact, Signature Wellness Center has treated many patients in Fairfield and Belleville for knee pain. If you have questions about treatment before your appointment, here's what you need to know.
What Causes Knee Pain?
Many conditions can lead to knee pain. Some common causes include:
- Arthritis: This condition causes the deterioration of the cartilage that cushions your joints. The bones then rub against each other, causing pain and inflammation.
- Bursitis: This condition is the inflammation of the fluid-filled sacs (bursae) that act as a cushion between your bones and tendons.
- Tendonitis: This condition is the inflammation of the tendons that connects your muscles to your bones.
- Injury: An injury to the ligaments, tendons, or cartilage in your knee can cause pain.
Even if your knee injury is not on this list, you should discuss your symptoms with a chiropractor.
What Are the Risk Factors for Knee Pain?
Several factors can increase your risk of developing knee pain, including:
- Age: The older you are, the more likely you are to develop arthritis or other conditions that can lead to knee pain.
- Weight: Being overweight or obese puts extra stress on your knees, which can lead to pain.
- Occupation: If your job involves repetitive kneeling or squatting, you may be more likely to develop knee pain.
How Do Chiropractors Treat Knee Pain?
At Signature Wellness Center, we offer a variety of treatments for knee pain. Chiropractic adjustments are one treatment that helps align the body with a gentle push. Massage therapy is another effective treatment for knee pain. Your provider will use their hands to knead the muscles and soft tissue around the knee, which can help reduce pain and inflammation. We may also recommend exercises and stretches that can improve your knee's range of motion and reduce pain.
Get Treatment for Knee Pain In Belleville and Fairfield, NJ
If you're dealing with knee pain, call Signature Wellness Center to schedule an appointment. We will create a customized treatment plan to help you find relief. Call our Belleville office today at (973) 759-2222 or our Fairfield office at (862) 210-8189.